YUVAM Account where our customers residing abroad can convert their savings in USD/EUR/GBP/CHF currencies into TRY with the CBRT's special conversion rate and can both protect their savings from possible exchange rate changes and provide additional income in addition to the profit share is now at Albaraka Türk.
For more information please fill out the ‘Application Form’.
Who Can Benefit
- Real persons who are Turkish citizens residing abroad
- Real persons who are foreign citizens and who meet the conditions for opening accounts in banks
- Companies established in a foreign country in accordance with the laws of that country and whose legal place of residence is abroad, of which real persons residing abroad are the shareholders
- Blue Card holders
YUVAM Account Specifications
- A YUVAM account can be opened for foreign currencies USD (US Dollar), EUR (Euro), GBP (British Pound), and CHF (Swiss Franc).
- You can open your YUVAM Account using the web-based and Mobile banking platforms from our branches for a maturity of 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, and 24 months in TRY. If the maturity date falls on a holiday, the maturity date shall be set as the first business day.
- The exchange rate at which foreign currencies denominated in USD, GBP, EUR, and CHF will be converted into Turkish lira is the exchange rate announced by the CBT on a daily basis at 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, and 15:00 on the trading day.
- The lower limit to open an account is TRY 250.
- Our customers will be able to renew their accounts at the end of the term. The renewal process can be completed in parts and at different terms if desired.
- The withholding tax rate to be applied on a product at the end of the term shall be zero (0).
- The CBRT will provide an additional return payment over the foreign currency amounts converted to YUVAM TRY accounts on the maturity date, in addition to the principal and the exchange rate difference, as follows.
- 3% per year for 3-month maturity accounts
- 4% per year for 6-month maturity accounts
- 5% per year for 12-month maturity accounts
- 6% per year for 24-month maturity accounts
- No partial withdrawal can be made from the account before the date of maturity. In case a withdrawal is made before the date of maturity, the account is closed and converted into a current account.