Sustainable Banking Program; is managed by two committees under the Board of Directors and the Headquarters.
1. Sustainability Committee
1.1 Committee Members
- Mehmet Ali Gökçe - Board Member - Committee Chairman
- Ibrahim Fayez Humaid Alshamsı - Board Member - Committee Member
1.2. The Formation and Purpose of the Committee
The committee consists of 2 board members. The purpose of the Committee is to establish policies within the Bank in line with our Bank's core values and ethical principles by taking into account the best practices in the world in the field of sustainability and social responsibility.
1.3. Duties Of The Committee
provides guidance for the above mentioned matters to the Sustainability Executive Committee within the framework of the Bank's relevant procedures.
- Implements sustainability and corporate social responsibility projects that can convey the vision, mission and corporate values of the bank to the whole society, shareholders and business partners within the scope of sustainability studies,
- Follows the national and international practices and standards in the areas of sustainability and corporate social responsibility, and making projects and works compatible with these practices and standards,
- Creates sustainability strategies and policies and integrating them into company activities, and monitoring their sustainability performance,
- Establishes an environmental, social and governance system and integrating with the credit risk assessment system,
- Determines the risks, opportunities and targets of climate change and making necessary reports
- Evaluates the corporate social responsibility projects submitted for the approval of the Sustainability Committee and takes decisions regarding the projects.
- Ensures that the impact of the projects and works carried out on the society and the measures taken within this framework are audited.
- Discusses the issues reported by the Sustainability Executive Committee and makes the necessary decisions for finalization.
- The committee works in coordination with the relevant department of ABG in the area of sustainability and corporate social responsibility
2. Sustainability Executive Committee
2.1 Committee Members
- Melikşah Utku - General Manager - Committee Chairman
- Mustafa Çetin - Assistant General Manager of Finance and Strategy - Committee Member
- Süleyman Çelik - Assistant General Manager of Human Assets and Administrative Affairs - Committee Member
- Ömer Emeç - Strategic Planning and Economic Research Manager
It was established in order to evaluate the works to be carried out for the Bank's Sustainability and Social Responsibility activities and to make it ready for the approval of the Sustainability and Social Responsibility Committee by making the necessary corrections and referrals.
2.3 Formation Of The Committee
- The Committee, is chaired by the General Manager and the members are Chief Financial Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Assistant General Manager in charge of Human Resources & Administrative Affairs, manager of Strategic Planning and Economic Research Department.
- The Rapporteur and Secretariat mission of the Committee on sustainability and social responsibility is carried out by a person determined by Strategic Planning and Economic Research Department. The person determined by Strategic Planning and Economic Research Department has no right to vote.
2.4 Duties Of The Committee
- Within the scope of sustainability activities; the Committee proposes sustainability and corporate social responsibility projects to the Sustainability Committee that can convey the vision, mission and corporate values of the Bank to the entire society, stakeholders and business partners.
- The Committee creates sustainability strategies and policies, integrates them into Bank’s activities and follow ups performance of sustainability activities.
- The Committee establishes an environmental, social and governance system and works to integrate it into the credit risk assessment system .
- The Committee determines climate change risks, opportunities and targets and performs the necessary reporting.
- The Committee follows up national and international practices and standards in the areas of sustainability and corporate social responsibility, checks that projects and works are in compliance with these practices and standards.
- The Committee evaluates the budget, scope and partners of corporate social responsibility projects that are requested and submits them to the Sustainability Committee for approval and evaluates the implemented projects at the Sustainability Executive Committee meetings.
- The Committee evaluates the impact of the projects and works carried out on the society and controls the measures taken within this framework.