PRESS RELEASE OF CAPITAL MARKETS BOARD
As a result of the investigation and audit activities carried out by our Board, it is clearly seen that fraudulent actions to the detriment of investors are still being taken by those who have been previously filed by our Board for many crimes including market fraud and abuse of trust and those who are not granted an investment advisory or capital market activity permit through such social media channels as Facebook, Twitter and membership-based groups created in such communications systems as Whatsapp, Telegram, etc.
Transaction-based market fraud and information-based market fraud crimes are regulated in Article 107 of the Capital Market Law No. 6362 titled “Market Fraud”. In compliance with the aforementioned regulations, it has been adjudged the imprisonment from 3 to 5 years and judicial fine up to five thousand days of "those who buy or sell, give orders, cancel orders, change orders or perform account transactions to create a false or misleading impression regarding the prices of capital market instruments, price changes, supply and demands” and “those who provide inaccurate, incorrect and misleading information, make speculations, spread the fake news, make comments or prepare reports in order to affect the prices and values of capital market instruments and the decisions of investors, or those who spread these and take advantage out of it.”
In the investigations carried out by our Board;
- The individuals who direct investors by establishing closed groups created on social media channels or communication systems aim to provide benefits by selling their shares thanks to the demand they create within the group,
- In the groups, those who direct the investors sell the shares owned by them or their related persons simultaneously with the advice given in the "buy" direction,
- Thus, it is seen that those who direct investors in groups harm their investors while providing benefits to them by selling their shares at high prices to investors in the groups, and it is important to disregard those who are engaged in this kind of activities.
In this context;
It is beneficial to remind investors once again that,
- Regarding the shares, suggestions and investment recommendations made through social media and communication systems may aim to serve the market fraudulent transactions carried out by a certain group,
- The individuals who direct the investors with their posts they make through social media and communication systems may actually try to create demand / supply for their share sales or purchases,
- Investors within these groups may have responsibilities in the context of participating in the crimes committed by those who direct these groups,
- It is beneficial for investors who do not have sufficient knowledge and experience in directing their investments by evaluating the market conditions, by making contracts with the organizations that have obtained the authorization certificate for investment consultancy and portfolio management in accordance with the regulations of our Board, to make investment decisions with the help of professionals.